PDA

View Full Version : The Byrds!

Keith
06-10-2002, 10:01 PM
Just a brief advertisement for my local folk connections:

Tickets are selling quick for Friday night's Byrds shows- but there are still quite a few left.

In case you were not were aware the 7pm show is ALL ages (prefer no children). The 9:30pm show will be 21 and up.

This one is not just for hippies http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/smile.gif

S. Jones
06-11-2002, 11:02 AM
I`m curious as to which original members still play with them?

Keith
06-12-2002, 11:04 AM
Byrds are now Terry Rogers, Scott Nienhaus, Michael Curtis & Tim Politte

When the Byrds reunion happened in 1973- Gene Clark & Michael Clark went on to reform the band with Terry Jones Rogers (Capricorn Records Allum) and Michael Cross (songwriter for Crosby, Stills & Nash). After both Clark's passed away in the 1990's, the Rogers kept the band playing and evolving contain members, Scott Nienhaus (Byrds, Firefall), Michael Curtis (Crazy Horse-Neil Young's band, Buffalo Springfield), and Tim Politte (Supe Granda -Ozark Mountain Daredevils)

Had to research that one since, it is a generation or two before mine. I have gotten 100% GREAT reviews on the show & the band from EVERY venue, producer, and talent buyer who I have spoken with about the show.

We have 2 other acts booked through the same agent- August 24th: Black Oak Arkansas, which is mostly the original members including Jim Dandy, and For Folk Festival we have Brewer & Shipley, which of course would be both original members. http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

All should be a great trip to a radio time gone by!

Keith
06-14-2002, 10:46 AM
Calls are going to the answering machine- and this is what the message says:

Yes there are a few tickets left to each show, no we are nolonger selling them online, and yes the remaing few for each show will be sold on a first come first serve basis tonight!

Please pass the word- I have given out that information about 30 or more times already today!

Enjoy your weekend folks!