PDA

View Full Version : MORE TAX?

3dog
07-12-2002, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I am a newby..and I gotta play dumb. Why is this tax increase so needed? Why does Arkansas tax food? I come from a state that does not tax food. As I understand it, the local governments benefit the most from sales tax on food. Is this correct? Why is this additional tax needed? Can someone tell me or direct me to where I can find out exactly where the city, and county revenues, and state revenues come from? Is there a local Libertarian Party? I will shut up now. Thanks.

just wondering
07-12-2002, 07:00 PM
3dog when you start paying for this and that you will learn fast. If you don't want to pay a sales tax on food, buy your food in Mo., you pay a general city tax of about 3.75%. The parks commission in E.S. wants a 1/2cent tax increase on all sales. REMEMBER THIS!!! That sales tax will be on everything you buy, also on all your UTILITY BILLS each and every MONTH, YEAR AFTER YEAR. End of first course.

carolyn
07-13-2002, 08:06 AM
one correction...the parks presently gets one quarter per cent sales tax...this expires soon...they are asking now for a half percent sales tax which will add one quarter per cent to sales if passed.