PDA

View Full Version : Too many catalogs?

PMilam
11-06-2003, 03:40 PM
I just did a chore that is becoming overwhelming.... sending emails to companies that send me catalogs, asking to be removed from their lists.

It is a terrible side effect from shopping online. You order a toy.. and you begin receiving at least 2-3 toy catalogs a week.. you order some sheets, and begin receiving every "linen source" known to the free world. I am now receiving 4-10 a day.. getting close to Christmas.

lo and behold.. there came a reply and perhaps a solution.. I hope.. sure would be easier to stuff those labels in an envelope once a week.. than to look up every one, and find the email address..

Dear Pat Milam,
As requested, we have removed your name from Levenger's mailing list.

Our mailing lists are printed quarterly in advance. Because of this, you may still receive between 1-3 catalogs from us, but please be assured that they will not continue after this transition period.

If you do not wish to receive unsolicited mail of any sort, may we suggest that you submit all the mailing labels from your unwanted mail to:

DMA Mail Preference File
Direct Marketing Association
1120 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036-6700

The Direct Marketing Association will take care to add all the different spellings and address variations represented on the labels to its database. (It usually takes a few months to become effective.) All responsible mailers, such as Levenger, take care not to send mailings to those on this list. We are concerned with our valued customers' well-being and try very hard to comply with such requests as quickly as possible.
Thanks for contacting us and letting us know of your wishes.

Sincerely,
Roslyn Barr
Internet Associate

woodsdude
11-06-2003, 05:28 PM
Thank you Ms. Milam, I needed this information in a big way. What a waste of good trees many of these catalogs are.

Cris Dunnam
11-06-2003, 05:30 PM
Now if we could only get AOL to stop sending us those dang coasters!

Barb
11-06-2003, 05:41 PM
Dear Patt,
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Love, Barb

chou
11-06-2003, 06:12 PM
Just to verify from personal experience that MAILING THE LABELS WITH ALL AND ANY RECIEPIENT NAMES AND ADDRESSES to the Mail Preference Service above will work!!....I had to do it several times in one year/season and finally, they did stop coming and now my maibox contains only bills and and occasional parcel of personal mail. Whew, what an accomplishment! It was worth it by gosh!

PMilam
11-06-2003, 07:12 PM
chou, so glad to hear that you have tried it and it works! Do you order anything over the internet? Or does that start the cycle all over?

I've already got my first envelope started.

This has really been getting on my last nerve! I've lost mail.. that I'm sure got tossed with a catalog.. or medical journal... and it is a huge waste of resources.
Most of them have the same offerings over and over.