PDA

View Full Version : Oh Bill, say it isn't so?

Joe Zickmund
07-24-2002, 11:11 PM
As I read your story on our Mayor's sales tax dilemma, it appeared to me that maybe you were forgetfull? Or are you just a machine for the revenue from business advertisements?

If you recall, a few years back, when the Mayor ommitted in his financial disclosure past sales tax obligations to the state of Arkansas, inquires were made by your paper. I remember him saying, he wasn't aware of them and they must be in correspondence he hadn't opened yet? However, your coverage today indicates that he was quoted to say, " I forsaw in 1998"? Come on Bill. I know you write a lot of stories, and we appreciate your coverage, but please are we to think you preceive us as MUSHROOMS? Wouldn't you have inquired to the former statement to further clarify the facts, on past sales tax obligations and/or payments? Lets face the facts. Journalism is the reporting of fact. Personally, I believe you have modified the truth to our community by not reporting facts, as previously disclosed.

Mason
07-25-2002, 03:26 AM
It was "just" the advertising cost of being in a "National Publication". Opps can probably justify that.

Mason
07-25-2002, 03:46 AM
USA Today? ???? Will the article help-hurt??? Anyone want to buy some swamp land??? Cheap?

Mason
07-25-2002, 04:14 AM
What cost, the paper paid their salary. (Sorry, I am mad as others need to be.) And people need to question others who may try to cash in on this unfortunate event for their own means?!!!