PDA

View Full Version : Royal

PMilam
08-09-2002, 12:20 PM
This is getting on my last nerve. I don't have the time or inclination to search through all these posts to solve the riddle. Please spit it out.

Yes, Jack is on City Council, and CDP, but did you not post that James is also on the steering committee, and is he not on the City Council?

Please spell it out for us, in terms we can understand, without asking a question to answer a question.

I don't think I am alone in this confusion.

Please, be gentle with us. There is too much sadness on this day to be distainful of people that are simply trying to understand what you are saying.

Royal Alcott
08-09-2002, 01:31 PM
Ms Milam-

Jack who is on the city council and a member of the CDP sneering committee?

Mr. Self announced insider DeVito is on the city council and is a member of the CDP sneering committee as of the media handout at the pink house press conference.

soulself
08-09-2002, 10:21 PM
My God !! Is there some kind of help for this man.

Lucinda
08-10-2002, 07:41 AM
Soulself -
I've been wondering where you were! We've missed your postings darlin.

soulself
08-10-2002, 09:17 AM
Thank you Lucinda,
I’ve been entertaining family, visiting from Denver.
Trying to stay positive, it’s becoming more and more difficult.
You know Lucinda; I usually just get feelings from people. Those feeling let me know if I can trust them and their judgment or not.
I don’t have a lot of confidence in myself to take control of a situation. To make decisions that will affect anyone other than myself because I wouldn’t want to be responsible for making a mistake that would hurt anyone other than myself. So, I like to know whom I can, not only count on, but also support to make those decisions for me if necessary.
I appreciate your post. You are able to reason with people without being hateful. I enjoy that about you. I get good feelings from you through the computer screen.( kind o’ scary) You must be a very strong woman.
Thank you for that.
Soulself.

soulself
08-10-2002, 10:01 AM
And Lucinda, I wondered if you could explain something to me? The point of all this is confusing to me.
Who would benefit by not accepting funding from the state for training workshops?
If this was such a grand opportunity for the committee, why were they not interested in taking advantage of the services? I could understand an outrage if the funding was received and training not applied. But…???

Lucinda
08-10-2002, 11:43 AM
If one agrees with the scenario that the CDP is attempting to break up the HDC – or gain control of it, then it simply was not a priority to bother to apply for the grants to send THESE commissioners to the training seminars. Why train commissioners that will soon be off of the commission or for a commission that will soon cease to exist? Waste of time and effort because it is not on the radar screen. Other fish to fry, more important business to attend to, “we are veddy, veddy busy people, after all”, etc. The intelligent move, if this IS the case, would have been to put up a good front, apply for the grants and send the commissioners anyway. OR as Heretic posted elsewhere, maybe it was just a bureaucratic screw-up. Who knows?

As for yourself, Soulself, you once posted that you sometimes have issues with depression. Are you okay at this moment? I know the subject well and also know that sometimes we don’t spot the onset as well as others can. I’m changing my profile to include an email address. Please feel free to write me if you want to chat.
Best

Heretic
08-10-2002, 12:02 PM
Perhaps Royal will reveal his platform when he files to run for Mayor next month.

Lucinda
08-10-2002, 12:23 PM
Oh yeah, and when he does, I'll be his publicist 'cause god knows he'll need one. I will busy editing his speeches, there won't be enough red pencils in Arkansas to delete the expletives, so don't expect much from me from me until after the election. Kaye has volunteered as campaign manager, PIM will do the website, CRJW is standing by with a free ad campaign. Moyer has offered the Basin Park ballroom as campaign central, Dickens is ready to run off handbills on the city Xerox after hours, and DeVito & Leswig are busy digging up dirt on Royal but only coming up diamonds. No doubt he'll win the popular vote by a landslide ;)

Royal Alcott
08-10-2002, 01:04 PM
Heretic-

I will not run for any office.

When Bill Buckley was asked once what he would do if he were elected Mayor of New York City, he replied. "I would demand a recount!"

I have no interest in fronting for puffed up bull frogs in this little pond.

[This message has been edited by Royal Alcott (edited 08-10-2002).]

Kaye Miller
08-10-2002, 01:09 PM
Whew!! There for a moment I thought I might have to go to the Bank of Eureka Springs for a campaign donation!!

I do believe the diamonds are south of here.

[This message has been edited by Kaye Miller (edited 08-10-2002).]

Royal Alcott
08-10-2002, 11:36 PM
Ms Milam-

If you can see over Ms Miller's garbage to the top of this post please tell me who on the CDP sneering committee and the City Council is named Jack?

Your list must be different from the one handed out to the prss.