PDA

View Full Version : Community Bank

Becky Davis
06-20-2002, 07:42 AM
Anybody know what the facts are with Community Bank wanting to put a road in behind the service station on that lot where the bank now stands? Is it true the bank is threatening the lively hood of two businesses on this property?
Does Eureka need to lose two more businesses to a bank?

[This message has been edited by Becky Davis (edited 06-20-2002).]

Old Thing
06-20-2002, 10:40 AM
In a comparatively short time, this great bank has outgrown its space and must enlarge. It might be that they need more access to the enlargement. As for putting two businesses out of biz, if the bank does not own the entire property, how could that happen? K-way has been here longer than most of us; don't you imagine they have the last say in what happens to their property?

Becky Davis
06-20-2002, 11:23 AM
I don't know the facts, that is why I posed the question.
I remember the laundromat being for sale and was told that both K-Way and the laundromat were leased properties from the bank. Was I told wrong?
If the bank is expanding to keep up with ES Bank, it could be a serious thing for both businesses if this is true.
When a bank wants something, it will figure out a way to get it one way or another. Blood, sweat and tears don't show up on legal documents.

U.D.Cide
06-20-2002, 11:43 AM
Instead of following the lead that the bridgers have set, i.e. presenting rumors and suspicion as fact and then continue to perpetuate them adnauseam, I felt the posters here tended to do their research prior to posting. Lets keep the standards here higher then others, and call the parties involved, before posting concerns. We can ask each other all the questions in the world about everybody else, but the only ones with the answers are the ones the questions are about. So try calling the bank, 253-0500. I would be willing to bet, instead of getting our guesses as to what might be going on, you can find out EXACTLY what is happening, and maybe save some face at the same time.

Ed Leswig
06-21-2002, 12:18 PM
The Community Bank has presented their plan at the last two Planning Commission meetings and will no doubt be on the agenda for the next meeting. Their plan does not call for any of the businesses to close. They do plan to put a drive behind K-way etc and have parking for their employees and some for the employees of the Accounting firm behind the "mat building. The Bank is a good neighbor and will, I am confident,remain one.

Becky Davis
06-21-2002, 06:59 PM
Thank you Ed. The email I had received said it was public. Had not read anything in the Citizen about it.