PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea's

Becky Davis
07-14-2002, 04:04 PM
My visiting relatives from AZ said they were asked to leave Chelsea's last night because they were told to close.
They couldn't say for certain, but thought it was the fire marshall. They also heard something about a license.
Anyone know for sure?

sweetness&light
07-14-2002, 06:50 PM
Apparently, if you have a restaurant with inside and outside dining and you serve liquor, you need to have a license for inside and outside.

Becky Davis
07-14-2002, 10:38 PM
Really? Well thanky mam.

seemstome
07-15-2002, 06:36 PM
u mean they were operating illegally, imagine that!!!!
they own a bar and do not know the laws!!!
im surprised your not blaming the city for this one...or capc or boe......

[This message has been edited by seemstome (edited 07-15-2002).]

DJred
07-15-2002, 06:54 PM
I've yet to read a positive post from seemstome. "Imagine that!!"

eliza205
07-15-2002, 07:22 PM
I would really miss drinking beers outside in the fall at Chelsea's. I hope everything gets straightened out.

mothers_daughter
07-15-2002, 07:40 PM
I think it sounds crazy that you would have to have two different licenses to serve food or drinks inside your place and outside. Do the gift shops have to have two seperate licenses when they put their t-shirts or whatever outside their doors for sale??? I wonder...... does Sparky's have two different licenses?

littlemomma
07-15-2002, 10:55 PM
"People" have been screwin' with Chelsea's forever! I have worked there and hung out there for the past 7 years and have heard the craziest things! I think some one wants the property.But like one of the bartenders said "The atomic bomb couldn't get rid of roaches!" ha ha!
P.S. (Hi Becky! I miss you!XOXO)

Lucinda
07-16-2002, 09:08 AM
Mothers Daughter-
Acutally, I was at Sparkys last night and asked that very question because of the Chelsea's issue - they do.

sonnyc
07-18-2002, 09:31 AM
If they have their the people who are trying to eliminate Chelsea's will eventually try and eliminate all music from Eureka. They are convinced that all people come here for is "a nap"! After working right in the center of town for over two years and speaking to thousands of people I know what they really want. Entertainment! I wonder why no-one has ever thought of doing market research. I think some people would really be surprised at the results. Chelsea's is currently the best venue in town and will be back stronger than ever!

karen pryor
07-18-2002, 09:44 AM
The folks at Chelsea's are in the process of getting the outdoor permit. From what I understand, they have already been "approved" it's just a matter of paperwork.
It would be a good thing for all businesses to check the status of their operating licenses. That includes the Balcony Bar at the Basin Park, even the Veranda at the Crescent. Even tho those two examples are "connected" to an existing building, they still require two permits.
Chelsea's will be serving on the patio again and providing great live entertainment in a very short time.

S. Jones
07-18-2002, 10:32 AM
"Chelsea's is currently the best venue in town"

Couldn`t agree more!!

soulself
07-18-2002, 11:02 AM
From what I understand when Chelsea’s received their license they didn’t have outside seating, and then added additional seating without approval. So when they went to Little Rock over the noise ordinance thing, the outside seating was mentioned, The ABC said “what outside seating” Chelsea’s should have informed the ABC that they were adding the seating. Those are the rules, from what I understand. It’s not a conspiracy in my opinion but an unfortunate oversight and a touch of mismanagement. This is constructive criticism not ridicule.
Organization, focus and control will get Chelsea’s out of trouble.
Then it can be the fun loving gathering place for old friends that it has always been.
Chelsea’s can regroup and show ‘em what they’re made of.
Good people with good spirits.
I do see as a bystander a discomforting snobbery toward the frequent patrons of this local bar. It is good for people to have a place to get together to cuss and discuss. It could be a good place for visitors to come and get a good feeling knowing that when the locals get off work, this is where they go. Visitors can feel like they are part of the “down town”. I hope you guys get this noise thing worked out. Find the middle ground and work up from there. It’s a challenge.