PDA

View Full Version : Basin Park Hotel

Any Mouse 2.0
11-15-2003, 09:01 AM
I just wanted to say how beautiful the Basin Park Hotel looked from East Mountain last night. I love the lights hanging down from the top. Looked like a crown full of jewels.

------------------
Squeek Squeek

jack moyer
11-15-2003, 10:37 AM
thank you.

I have copied below our holiday letter to merchants whereas you can see what else we are doing in 2003

November 3, 2003

Dear Friends and Fellow Downtown Business Partners;

In Eureka Springs, many of us have longed to extend our season into December to capitalize on the Holiday Shopping season while making the “traditional” tourism season longer.

I am pleased to share with you that it appears to me and the staff of the Basin Park Hotel that in 2003 we may make significant efforts in capturing and re-routing some of the 1.2 million visitors who may be planning travel to Branson, Missouri for the holidays.

Specifically, at The Basin Park Hotel we are planning:
2003 Basin Park Hotel Christmas Plan
• Holiday Concert Series
• Sunday thru Thursday- Rate - $119 for Double/Double Room or $129 King Room, includes room, $200 in store coupons, 30 minute massage for two.
• Nightly reception in the Billiards room with Hors & Wine, and free gift wrapping from 5-7pm and holiday music.
• Live "personality" on the phone for wake up calls
• History Walking Tour on a daily basis Monday thru Friday @ 3pm
• Holiday Themes for all Balcony Specials during this timeframe. With menus written ahead of time to allow for promotion.
• Special Massage Rate Monday-Thursday 20% discount $48 for an hour massage
• Hot Cider & Christmas Goodie display from the Bakery daily in the lobby from 3-6pm
• Daily Promotion under the room door of Christmas @ the Crescent activities as well as other events in town
• Incentive among employees to sell Gift Certificates- they receive 10% of their total dollars sold
• Daily Door Prize Drawing for example a manicure, bottle of wine, chef’s dinner etc
The activity list in town is VERY exciting and more importantly offers evening activities EVERY NIGHT. With our Spas, Shopping, Entertainment, Dining, outdoor adventure and to cap it off Having the Passion Play open Thursday – Saturday we should and will do great this year.

I would encourage you to actively participate in the Dickens program, both by extending traditional shopping hours, actively decorating storefronts and by distributing information. By putting our best foot forth, ensuring success and building travel annual travel habits we will find the extension of our season and ultimately additional profits.

To participate in our coupon program, learn more of the Basin Park and Crescent activities or to take advantage of our local ticket discount to the Anderson Show (2 tickets for $50), please contact me at 479-981-1332.

Becky Davis
11-15-2003, 11:29 AM
Typo Jack..Nightly reception with hors and wine. http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

All kidding aside, this is a fantastic idea and it is a win win situation for everyone.

[This message has been edited by Becky Davis (edited 11-15-2003).]

sweetness&light
11-15-2003, 03:08 PM
Oh Becky...that is a classic!! snort! snort! "Hors and wine" You're right, it should have been "Hors and whine." teee heee

I love typos. They're usually more entertaining than the original meaning and make you remember what they were advertising....or what they meant to say they were advertising.

Cyberphillics
11-15-2003, 05:22 PM
I hope we are not talking about the 5 Dollar Kind!

I agree the Lights on the hotel are great!!!

[This message has been edited by Cyberphillics (edited 11-15-2003).]