PDA

View Full Version : DeVito, you couldn't be more wrong!

Royal Alcott
06-13-2002, 10:52 AM
Sperry & Henderson pioneered a premium reward which allowed local businesses to compete with each other.

Nobody ever drove 1,000 miles just for green stamps.

You just don't get it. You didn't get it when you chaired or served on the CAPC and you don't get it now.

Eureka Springs is an American treasure. You do not need to bribe people to come here and you don't need to lower prices to pay the bribes!

But you do have to tell them what is here and what made Eureka Springs an American treasure.

There are more than 10,000 feature editors looking for interesting stories every day. That's their job.

The critical marketing priority here is the first time visitor.

The strategy is being unique among all the competition for leisure time days and dollars.

The tactics are massive PR in special interest media that reach millions of people who respect the past and an age of elegance, style and quality so beautifully preserved here instead of 30 more years of "me too" in the tourist media orphanages where all the ads look like children with shiny faces waiting to be adopted or wallflowers at a prom waiting to be asked to dance.

Maybe giving away your dishes after each meal served you would give you a local competitive edge.

McDonald's doesn't.

James DeVito
06-16-2002, 05:42 PM
Amen

jf501
06-17-2002, 04:57 AM
Speaking of McDonald’s, I watch the CAPC tax collections monthly report in the 'business matters' section of the Arkansas Democrat.

With all of our unique restaurants they are always #1 taxes paid in.

Does this mean they do more business or are they being more honest then everyone else??
Rogues manor is usually #2

And as it goes
Gift shops,
Yesteryears antique mall
Razor back gifts usually #2

B&BS
Angle at rose hall #1

Hotels
Crescent #1
Basin Park usually #2

Motels
Ozark lodging ltd partners #1 (I think that is inn of the Ozarks)
Eureka Springs lodging usually #2

If you want to keep up with these economic indicators you can find them posted in the business matters section of the Ark Dem every month(Sunday Addition) around the middle of the month

[This message has been edited by jf501 (edited 06-17-2002).]

just wondering
06-17-2002, 06:06 AM
Councilperson James DeVito why does the CAPC have DOUBLE STANDARDS on tax collections?

just wondering
06-17-2002, 06:13 AM
Councilperson Kathy Harrison called you over two weeks ago your call was never returned. Thinking about running in November?

Becky Davis
06-17-2002, 06:16 AM
Hah! James, run as fast and far as you can. Would you really want this headache?

CyberPsychDoc
06-17-2002, 01:04 PM
jf501, does "first" mean they paid first, they paid the most, as in had the highest sales (or at least are reporting them), or some other measure of excellence?

Thanks.
CPD

jf501
06-18-2002, 04:14 AM
cpd, lol, It means they paid the most for the highest 'reported sales'. I sure hope people don't come here for the experience they get at Micky D'S.

They also report sales tax collections from Fort Smith and Bentonville/Fayettville, Guess what is the #1 sale tax collector in Bentonville restaurants is?

Harikat
06-18-2002, 07:09 AM
Just Wondering, did you say you called me? Try again. If one of my kids answered or took a message, I didn't get it. They also have a cute habit of deleting the machine by listening for that super important message for themselves.
It's 253-5292 and if a child answers, try again. My autistic son is 11, and not that great at getting a message correct, but he does at least try.