PDA

View Full Version : Pet Carnage in Berryville

ANSC
02-06-2007, 08:46 PM
I've been volunteering at Berryville's animal control facility for the last 5 weeks. Others have been helping for months. The quick explaination is that Berryville and Green Forrest were sharing an animal control officer who is working 7 days a week to take care of both facilities. Now Berryville is going back to having their own officer. Unfortunately, the Mayor thinks animals shoud be put down after 72 hours. He has also said to a citizen question at tonight's Council Meeting that the animals now at the Berryville facility are Green Forrests problem as they were brought in while under their care. The Green Forrest facility is going to be euthanizing this Saturday because they have no space. Berryville currently has 7+ empty cages and there is no reason to move or kill them except that the mayor couldn't care less about what happens to them. The facility is in a building not being used by Berryville and there is plenty of food on hand, so keeping these animals until they find homes is not a problem except that he doesn't want to deal with them. Please help us with placing these animals in either permanent or foster homes. There are 2 female (about) 5 month old puppies and a male and female set that are about 3 months old. All of them are adorable. There is a beautiful black male pit bull who is a bundle of energy and loves people. There are 3 cats. One very wild, one young maybe 6 months that is only slightly calmer, and a beautiful neutered male Siamese that is a sort of wild but will let you pet him. I plan to post pictures tommorrow. Please help in any way you can. My phone is 479 244 6490.

02-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Animal Control Officer picked up two gray and white kittens today in Berryville. So that they wouldn't even have to endure the pound, they went to Linda Winter's home to foster until the shelter has room. There is no place for cats in Green Forest; she didn't want to risk them being euthanized.

kf5wd
02-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Sounds like the public needs to get behind a move to change the way the Berryville Mayor views his responsibility towards his citizen's animals.

02-08-2007, 10:52 AM
bump

roni
02-08-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm renting, or I would take them all- at least until the mayor pulls his head out of his a$$. What's next...euthanizing Alzheimer's patients and the Developmentally Challenged?

BillVoiers
02-08-2007, 02:47 PM
I know that several smart heads are working on this problem. In the meantime, should we possibly consider collecting signatures of Berryville citizens on a petition to the Mayor and Council for the institution of a humane animal control and WELFARE system?

BillVoiers
02-08-2007, 04:54 PM
It would certainly help the situation if some caring individuals could at least foster some of the "overflow" cats and kittens, if only to lighten the burden that Linda Winter is and has been bearing. Who knows. If you foster a cat or two you might find yourself unable to part with the little critter(s) when the time comes. Happened to us, and we have had a ball with the three, now halfgrown, kittens, we rescued from Berryville Animal Control several months ago.

froggie
02-19-2007, 05:36 PM
That is terrible is there not some way to bring them to ES? I wish we were closer and could be cat or dog foster parents! I cant beleive a facility would put an animal down after 72 hrs! that is crazyness!! Talk about not careing about animals, you almost would rather see a place like that shut down.

Delana