PDA

View Full Version : Hide unwanted forum categories?

seanfranklin
08-06-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm new to Geekfest & trying to figure out the best way to see recent posts without a bunch of stuff I'm not interested in. The "New Posts" button shows me most recent but it also has a lot of general "News" posts that I'm not interested in, I have my favorite news sources already.

Is there a way for me to hide everything but the Conversations and Services categories?

DaBee
08-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Nope, not that any of the rest of us have been able to detect. You'll just have to wade through the Open Forum. One thing that I do is go to Settings at the top and it just shows the threads that I've posted on and it'll take you to exactly the first new post that you haven't read.
Maybe there's a way to hook up some leads to our brains and we can think the icky stuff away. Some kind of biological cyber engineering.

lunarmist
08-13-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm new to Geekfest & trying to figure out the best way to see recent posts without a bunch of stuff I'm not interested in. The "New Posts" button shows me most recent but it also has a lot of general "News" posts that I'm not interested in, I have my favorite news sources already.

Is there a way for me to hide everything but the Conversations and Services categories?

Actually yes. If you look at the blue bar above the categories (the first one says RSS & Community projects) all the way to the right corner of that bar is an up arrow ^ button. If you click on it it will hide those forums. You can do the same with the archives and trolls and just leave the conversation and services forums visible. You cannot hide posts within the forums because as Dabee indicated the forums can't read your mind to see what specific posts might interest you. ;)