PDA

View Full Version : Want a Piglet

Cyberphillics
02-28-2007, 10:51 AM
My Daughter turned 8 this year and wants a pig. We have been looking for a few months and everyone wants hundreds of dollars for one. We can not afford that but we are looking for a piglet. This is a project for a home schooled girl, that will become a family pet. We have lots of acres so size is not a real big issue, but it would be nice to have a smaller breed so the house will not get turned up-side-down while living inside. Must be a female, I am the Alpha male and it would be nice not to have to fight too much to establish that with a pig. If you know anyone who needs to get rid of one please PM me here or call 981-9227 and ask for David

Zeek Taylor
03-01-2007, 07:24 AM
David, you might have to drive some to pick up a pig baby but you might try the site below. On the left hand side you can select type of animal, gender etc. and it will tell you where the nearest rescue pig can be found. I think it is great that your beautiful daughter wants a pig and so cool that you will let her have one. Although, knowing you, I'm not surprised as you are one cool Dad.
http://search.petfinder.com/search/search.cgi

froggie
03-01-2007, 12:28 PM
the only pigs i know of are on a hog farm behind my dads place...i think they still have them...if you need me to i can call him and find out. they always liked me so i could probably get one if not for free then cheap!!!

OvertheRiver
03-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Talk to Kim and Jan if you want to find out about keeping pigs. It may be an eye opener......

Cyberphillics
03-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Talk to Kim and Jan if you want to find out about keeping pigs. It may be an eye opener......

I had a pig before in Houston as a child. Great pet, digger, guard pig, friend.

froggie
03-01-2007, 09:49 PM
i bet they are cute!!! I have seen hogs fully grown (i lived on a hog farm for a while) I thought the hogs were cute!!!

OvertheRiver
03-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Ex boyfriend Mark has an aunt who had a chihuahua before a sow ate it.

becsflowers
03-02-2007, 02:41 PM
I got this talking bird who can learn to grunt like a pig...... LOL!!!!

froggie
03-05-2007, 06:47 PM
cyber did you find a pig for BEEP?