PDA

View Full Version : can't tell where i am

Born Here
01-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Kim.....just switched to Firefox and besides having to remind GF that I just logged on a minute ago, it does not show a marker indicating where I am typing and won't let me backspace or delete a mistake. Is this a FF problem or a GF problem? And when I hit edit, when the post comes back up all functions seem OK?????wtf, as they say

Born Here
04-30-2012, 11:29 PM
Gonna try this again.............asked this last week on the open forum and it was ignored............sometimes when I get into the "post New Thread" zone I cannot see a text position indicator. I can type just fine but don't know where I am, can't edit without backspacing and clearing my text back to the mistake. I cannot use enter to drop down to start a new paragraph, it causes me to go to the beginning of the message. If I highlight something I cannot delete it. your help with this will be greatly appreciated. Sometimes it also happens when I try to post something on facebook, leading me to suspect that it's a Vista prob, not a g/f one... just now when I hit the edit post button, when the message was opened the location indicator worked perfectly.......

Aux Arc
05-09-2012, 06:53 AM
[OMG, you're still using vista?]

Check your mouse cursor settings in vista. If there is a "hide cursor while typing" option, make sure that is not enabled.

If you possibly can, upgrade to winddows 7. It runs faster and is much less annoying than vista.

Born Here
06-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Aux, thanks, that was the problem. Gotta upgrade because my word processing nightmare continues with it saving everything as a .wps file...Word Perfect??? wtf.... I cannot save as windows 2007 and stay in that file format, cannot attach a one page doc to an email, the list of annoyances goes on. Appreciate your help with that where am I issue...
Stephen

Aux Arc
06-06-2012, 06:43 AM
Aux, thanks, that was the problem. Gotta upgrade because my word processing nightmare continues with it saving everything as a .wps file...Word Perfect??? wtf.... I cannot save as windows 2007 and stay in that file format, cannot attach a one page doc to an email, the list of annoyances goes on. Appreciate your help with that where am I issue...
StephenGlad that fixed your problem.

If you need a new word processor, download LibreOffice. It's a huge download but the program is completely free. No ads, no trial period, no popups, etc. Get it for windoze, mac or Linux at:
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/?nodetect

Once you download and install it, you can set it to save all text documents in Microsoft Word 2007/2010 format. The file extension will be .docx and can be sent to other people who use microsoft orifice. See settings screenshot below:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ps58ck.jpg

After you get LibreOffice up and running (and are sure that it will properly open/display your old text documents), if you are satisfied with it, uninstall your old word processing software.