PDA

View Full Version : Some new arrivals

kf5wd
03-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Puddles is a very sweet Collie mix that would make someone a great companion.
Cha Cha is also very sweet and is a large long hair female. She will be spayed tomorrow so will be ready for adoption by Thursday. Click on the thumbnails for a larger photo.

Sarah Moore
03-27-2007, 04:56 AM
The shelter staff wants us to let you know the name Puddles came from the person who found him as a stray. He was found lying in a puddle of water. He didn't earn the name from leaving "puddles" in the house and is really a great dog.

froggie
03-27-2007, 12:19 PM
we saw him when dropping off blankets and toys...Jamie thought he was very pretty. I hope he is adopted soon...I am sure he would make someone a good companion.

kf5wd
03-29-2007, 03:31 PM
Hurrah! Puddles was adopted today.

froggie
03-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Oh that is so good!!! congrats to the new owner...

celeste
04-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Any more updates?

kf5wd
04-10-2007, 07:31 AM
Here are a few more. Will be taking photos today so tomorrow will have the most current arrivals. The wonderful crew at the shelter have found homes for 7 of the longest-in-shelter animals in the past two weeks as well as many others. They are the greatest!

mizicelex
04-10-2007, 08:15 AM
It's wonderful to now know that some of the longest residents have found new homes!

Sarah Moore
04-10-2007, 09:42 AM
There are a couple of really cute kittens that have just come in. Also a very nice selection of more mature cats. The puppies pictured above are an Irish Setter / Lab mix and really cute. There is also a really young pup that came in from around Sunfest yesterday. Mostly fuzzy black with tan markings and wearing a blue collar. It is very sad all by itself, but was snuggled up to a nice stuffed animal when I saw it late yesterday afternoon. If anyone knows something about this pup, please let someone at the shelter know. 253-9188

froggie
04-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Is the cat pictured above male or female and approx. how old? I love the cats eyes very pretty!

kf5wd
04-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Her name is Rain and she is 1 yr old.

mizicelex
04-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Sure wish there was a way to list pets that have been adopted. There seems to be quite a few missing from the GSHS web site and one can hope that they were in a new home.

waxwing
04-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Sure wish there was a way to list pets that have been adopted. There seems to be quite a few missing from the GSHS web site and one can hope that they were in a new home.

Hey, that's a good idea. How about taking it on yourself. The man posting these pictures is a tireless volunteer, serving on the GSHS board and thew shelter commitee, posting here and putting up pictures all around town. He's doing the work of many. I'm sure he would welcome some help!

kf5wd
04-21-2007, 04:07 PM
I receive an e-mail each evening listing those arriving and those adopted. I will try to list those adopted every few days. All those missing from the list have been adopted into homes except for one feral cat which after spaying was adopted as a barn cat. I would be happy to forward the list to anyone who might want to post the adopted on a daily basis.

kf5wd
04-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Here are the dogs/cats adopted in the past week:
Bowser, Peanut, Gigi, Nairobi, Tango, Stormy, Sandy, Teense, Spangle, Hunny, Yoda, Connie Sue, Dandy (reclaimed by owner), Blackie, Koala (feral), Emery, Pancho, Socks, Tess, Cha Cha, Gandoff and Boomer. It doesn't get much better than this. The shelter people are doing an outstanding job and deserve all our praise.

Sarah Moore
04-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Gandoff and Tango got adopted??? That is so cool. It is so wonderful when cats who have been there a while finally find the right home. Just to add a little more to what Ken said - During the month of March 32 dogs and 17 cats were adopted out. Over the past few weeks, at least 7 dogs that have been in the shelter for over one year have been adopted thanks to the efforts of the staff. Dogs who came in as pups and lived there their entire lives, several big black dogs that we thought we would never find homes for, dogs with medical conditions that will require extra expense, etc. I totally agree with Ken, the staff is doing an outstanding job and deserve our praise.

mizicelex
04-22-2007, 11:14 AM
So glad to get the list. It's wonderful. We have two dogs and cannot take on any more, but I try to whatever I can for donations and just prayers that new homes will be found. What's even better is that pets that have been there for a long time have found homes.