PDA

View Full Version : abandoned horse needs home

pilcher
06-21-2007, 06:15 PM
We recently rcvd a call at the Missouri Doggie Thrift Store reproting that there is an abandoned horse in Cassville. He is presently in a small corral that is overgrown with thistle weed and he's standing in mud. A kind neighbor is generously feeding and watering the poor guy. She has tried to call various agencies in Cassville but has not rcvd any help for this animal. He is a gray male, gelded and very tame. She calls him 'Boy' and he comes the the fence when she calls to feed him. If anyone has the ability to adopt this animal or knows of an agency that rescues abandoned horses, please email me.

Thanks so much.

goodwolve
06-22-2007, 11:18 AM
That is terrible. I assume the woman has asked her neighbors how to get a hold of the owners... wouldn't you call the Sheriffs Department in that area? That would probably be the first place to start. Goodness, it is amazing what people will do.

DaBee
06-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Pilcher - - see Private Message.
deb

swain mountain
06-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Have you found a home yet? We have 50 acres but only a very small fenced area. If any one can help with fencing, we have plenty of room! He'd be happy on Swain Mountain for the rest of his days.

ConwayRay
06-22-2007, 11:58 PM
If you find nobody to help you let me know. My father has other horses on 300 acres and says he would come pick it up

pilcher
06-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Hi all,
Thanx so much for your prompt and generous responses. The good newz is that a wonderful woman has agreed to pick up the horse. She has fostered and adopted multiple horses and nursed them back to full health! I'm so delighted and heartened at the generosity of some people. Others should never be allowed to own an animal but then I'll leave my venting for another day.

As a note, the Sheriff and Humane Society of Cassville were both contacted concerning the horse and could not help. In addition, the original owner left town without leaving any forwarding contact info.

Again, Thanks so much!

DaBee
06-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Cool, pilcher - see.....the power of Geekfest shows its mighty nature once again! Don't be a stranger.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
deb