Cat in a tree
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cat in a tree

Default Cat in a tree

An stray orange tabby is about 30' up a tree in our yard. He's starting his seventh day up there and I think he's resigned to dying there.

This distresses me to no end but don't know what I could do about it. Maybe the rain will make him come down? "They" always say they will come down on their own, but I think not always.

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Call the tree service guy.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

I would if it were me, but I am not where they live.

Do any dogs have access to the area around the tree trunk? If so might be a good idea to restrict their access to the area, cat might come down on its own then.

put smelly food like tuna fish or sardines as high up as you can reach ~~ like a can tacked onto the trunk or hanging from a branch ~~ is there a chance you can find someone with a tall ladder ? I think they have some very tall ones at the Buddhist center in Murray just outside of Parthenon ~~ these are just my ideas and maybe you can contact Andrea White Tender Heart Animal Rescue on Facebook ~~ the animal rescue lady in Berryville or Judy Griffith also on Facebook ~~ they both know a LOT about animal behavior and may have life saving suggestions. Plus they care passionately !! Let us know when this tree cat comes down !! Sincerely Chou

From looking on facebook, they have already tried the food but a dog ate it. I am afraid as long as the dog may be around, it won't come down, but of course I don't know the whole situation. I am trying to figure out if there is a tree service over in that area.....the cat has got to be dehydrated by now and I am afraid it will just fall out of the tree. Andrea does wildlife only. He has put a ladder up to the tree but the cat is much farther up than the ladder. I only wish I were closer altho what is really needed is a tree service.

Need to know exact location of cat. I have a tree service willing to help this morning (Monday). Please call me at 870 480 3426

Kitty is down.

How about the details?