I guess nobody wants to talk about the right wing terrorism
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I guess nobody wants to talk about the right wing terrorism

Default I guess nobody wants to talk about the right wing terrorism

Trump is blaming "all sides" for the right wing terrorist attack today. I'm sure those protesting the hate rally did something to deserve being murdered in his eyes. The country is falling down a very dark hole, and nobody wants to talk about it. I understand, we all expected it when the election came out the way it did. It's so common now nobody bats an eye. Germany was mostly silent too before WWII.

The country was dumb enough to elect him. I have no faith it is smart enough to govern itself. A voting majority has clearly lost the ability to discern between fact and fantasy; between plans and wishes; between public and private interests.
    Last edited by local lurker; 08-13-2017 at 01:44 AM.

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

The feeling of helplessness pervades our country right now, it seems to me. I won't go out in the street to fight Nazi sympathizers or the KKK. I'm too old and just don't have enough energy left to want to kick ass any more. We need strong leadership to stop the erosion of values on which America was founded. I believe in Good and am not mean enough to fight Bad.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

It all makes me sad and embarrassed to be American. From Canada, we get reports of random acts of kindness, like the police officer who bought the clean shirt a shoplifter tried to steal for a job interview, then the kid got the job - from America, we get shoplifters being shot and crowds of peaceful demonstrators against hatred being plowed into by cars. We have only the power of the polls, if even that. Trump lost by 3 million votes, yet there he sits emboldening the KKK and other Nazi minded bigots. This is all too familiar. My dad fought WWII to put an end to this, yet here we are again and I feel him stirring in his grave.

in my skin, except when I'm extradimensional

Look on the bright side, it is almost Nazi hunting season.
    I gotta buff up, so I look sexy when they hang me on the cross
    'Change the world, or we'll do it for you'

The Weathermen grew out of the Revolutionary Youth Movement (RYM) faction of SDS. It took its name from Bob Dylan's lyric, "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows", from the song "Subterranean Homesick Blues" (1965). "You Don't Need a Weatherman to Know Which Way the Wind Blows" was the title of a position paper that they distributed at an SDS convention in Chicago on June 18, 1969

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Grace View Post
    Look on the bright side, it is almost Nazi hunting season.

Violence begets violence. Education is the only solution to hatred born of ignorance that has ever worked long term.

The haters are seeing legitimacy to their hate filled rhetoric by the lack of a forceful response to the violence this weekend in VA by The Donald. Several conservative members of the GOP have called out the white supremacists as terrorists and their acts as unacceptable, but not The Donald. Seems he won't call out the basest racists of among his supporters.

Violence gets attention. The world has been educating folk
    for thousands of years. We still have violence. Small and global.
    Hatred born of ignorance still plagues us.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidwindows View Post
    Violence begets violence. Education is the only solution to hatred born of ignorance that has ever worked long term.

The Donald isn't going to condemn them, they are his base. If not for those too ignorant to know he's stealing from them to line his own pockets he would have no support at all.
    Last edited by liquidwindows; 08-13-2017 at 04:50 PM.