The Ballinger Hustle - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Ballinger Hustle

Quote Originally Posted by DaBee View Post
    I'm getting a bagpipe worth of Ballinger wind here:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1450...=group_comment
    I wish I could but I don't do facebook anymore - they want me to sign in and join the group to see what's written there.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain

You can't fix stupid, but they are useful tools. Convince them you value their ideas and they will hate whoever you say.

Kim Yonkee is offline Ward? Don't you think you were a little bit hard on the Beaver?

Thereís an (older) article on the ArkTimes about this. A snip:

This is the tangle, then: Ballinger's law firm is helping Ecclesia fight to shield documents related to the GIF [general improvement fund (public)] money from public view. And some of that money, yes, was directed by Ballinger while he himself was working as an attorney for Ecclesia, allotted to a land deal closed by Ballinger. In the legislature, Ballinger pushed a bill that could potentially be a shield in such a lawsuit. No disclosure of conflict was filed on any of this. Given this tangle, we might question whether the matter is as simple as taking off his "attorney hat" and putting on his "legislator hat."

https://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlo...clesia-college
    Itís a long article with lots of details if youíre interested. Basically, it isnít illegal for a lawyer to send money, as a legislator, to one of his own clients. Ballinger hasnít been charged with anything. But. It was all a kickback scheme in which the former Ecclesia President and former AR state senators and reps have been convicted on federal corruption charges.

Ballingerís involvement, then and now, is suspect at best. Youíre not missing anything on Facebook. Itís mostly people asking Ballinger WTF and him whining back that they shouldnít believe libtard fake news like the Blue Hog Report.

One thing about that though... this note from the Blue Hog about who actually issued title insurance:

The second detail was that the person who printed the stamp and/or made sure it was for the correct amount put her name and address on it, and the listed address was 1521 Merrill Dr, Suite D-220, Little Rock, AR 72211. That turns out to be the address of Wilson and Associates, one of the largest foreclosure firms in the state, located in Little Rock, which was also a licensed title insurance agency at the time.
    Not surprising.

Montgomery Whiteley in Brrvul seems to be the local real estate agent for properties in or near foreclosure. They have most, or maybe all, of these listings. Ballingerís [cough] title insurance company worked with Rocky W. The seller of our house listed with Rocky so we got stuck closing with Ballinger...which was a stunning festival of incompetence carried out in a dark conference room with no light bulbs. Iím definitely going to take another look at our title insurance policy.

But the Wilson & Wilson foreclosure mill > Berryville real estate > perpetually in foreclosure Ballinger relationship existed at the time, not just on this one Ecclesia deal. Kinda dimwitted, but probably not a smoking gun.

I did notice, however, that Ballinger lost among the folks who know him here in Carroll County.

Interesting article in the Independent this week by Sheri Hanson. Wouldn't want to be in Mr B's shoes after this article.

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by sir william View Post
    Interesting article in the Independent this week by Sheri Hanson. Wouldn't want to be in Mr B's shoes after this article.
    Can't find the article in the online edition. Is it in the 6/20 paper?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

Quote Originally Posted by sir william View Post
    Link, please. Can’t find it.
    Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. ~ Steven Weinberg

x3. Please & TY

Page6, upper left corner of the print edition. "Free Parking" column.

I hope this link posts OK.

http://eureka.news/free-parking-37/
    "Knowledge is good." --John Faber: Philosopher, Educator, Founder of Faber College (Animal House)

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Got it, Grunch. Thanks. And thanks Sheri Hanson. Spread the word.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

Golly, this sounds a little shady, but he's part of the the GOP so I' sure it's fine. Gosh, it almost looks like he might be a crook - Gee whiz, whoulda guessed?
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain

You can't fix stupid, but they are useful tools. Convince them you value their ideas and they will hate whoever you say.