Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Comp ads

Default Comp ads

I was at WM the other day, and the lady that checked me out was nice enough to comp the hamburger meat for me, that alone saved me almost 10 dollars. I was amazed at the savings. So, that got me to want to do this more often, obviously. I've never really done it before. So my question is, where do yall get your comp ads? Which paper, and who has the best prices normally? I'm in Bville btw.

The lady checked you out?

Must be nice to be young again.

The only reason I write checks is so the cashiers will ask for my phone number.
    "Thanks for your time, this time. 'Till next time, so long for just a while".

The Harrison Tuesday paper gets delivered in Berryville at the Walmart and Stubb's always on Tuesday late afternoon (and they go fast). That paper has usually 4 grocery store inserts in it. I take each one and go page by page and make notes of what is on sale per store, I list the sale item by store name. Then that way when I go to Walmart I have my comp stuff exactly so no mix up. Then when I put the groceries on the belt/table thingy I separate my regular stuff from all the comp stuff and I can tell the cashier person what each item is comped for. I have tried doing the comp thing at Price Cutter's but they are so behind on technology it takes a person forever to get through the line. Walmart does it the quickest, I can usually save around $25.00 per trip if I go every two weeks. Sometimes more if it is meat I am buying, which that I do not get at Walmart I suffer the wait at Price Cutters. I have never tried the comp thing at Harts, I wonder if they do it.

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Last time I checked, they don't do comps at Harts. Price Cutter has you show them each item in the sales paper...a real pain. I don't like going there anyway, except they do have good meats. I still prefer Harts and SunFest for meats.
    If you happen to forget, WM keeps all of the food ads up front at the head cashier's stand by the cigs and photo dept. in front of the restrooms.
    I comp everything I can.
    OK, AT.......I do not like shopping at WM....in fact, it's disgusting, but gas prices and just not having the energy to go to the different stores like I used to is keeping me closer to the house.
    Dang it.
    DaShoppingBee
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

Ok, thanks everyone. So the ads come out on tuesdays only right? I guess it's probably too late to get one now. But Maybe next week.

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

I got Harts sales paper in the Ozark Mountain Trader that came in the mail today. That, along with last week's Price Cutter ad that lasts for 2 weeks will get you started. You can always get the ads at WM. Just sit down on a bench and go thru the papers, writing down what you're interested in.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

We do not buy WM meat because fat nor tendons should be red.
    shuggie

One thing we always do too is take a marker with you and write the comp price on the item. Sometimes the cashier will just take that price and never even ask to see the ad. Anyway of course it is gret to be truthful about it too. It has saved us bundles of money.

How far away can the stores be? I always wanted to know but never asked. I was just think about the Aldi's ad....sometimes they have some stuff that looks interesting for an inexpensive price.

OK, so call me dumb...but I never knew about this? How exactly does it work? You see a lower price advertised on something, and you bring the ad with you to the store, and then they give it to you for free?????
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Me either.. give us a clue, please.

It sure was good to see you and Mike yesterday!!! Your new home is gorgeous! I have kitchen and bathroom envy, real bad!!
    Duh.. and closet envy REAL bad!!