Thread: Julie Andrews Turns 70... performing "My Favorite Things"

Default Julie Andrews Turns 70... performing "My Favorite Things"

Julie Andrews Turns 70... performing "My Favorite Things"

To commemorate her birthday, actress/vocalist, Julie Andrews made a special appearance at Manhattan's Radio City Music Hall for the benefit of the AARP. One of the musical numbers she performed was 'My Favorite Things' from the legendary movie 'Sound Of Music'. Here are the lyrics she used:

(If you sing it, its especially hysterical!!!)

Botox and nose drops and needles for knitting, Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings, Bundles of magazines tied up in string, These are a few of my favorite things. Cadillacís and cataracts, hearing aids and glasses, Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses, Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings, These are a few of my favorite things.

When the pipes leak, When the bones creak, When the knees go bad, I simply remember my favorite things,

And then I don't feel so bad.

Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions, No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions, Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring,

These are a few of my favorite things.

Back pain, confused brains and no need for sinning', Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinning',
    And we won't mention our short shrunken frames, When we remember our favorite things.

When the joints ache, When the hips break,

When the eyes grow dim,

Then I remember the great life I've had,

And then I don't feel so bad.

Hate to spoil a great story but according to Snopes:

My Favorite Things
    Claim: Julie Andrews sang an old folks' parody of "My Favorite Things" to celebrate her 69th birthday.

http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/andrews.asp

That doesn't take away from the fact that it is a really funny parody...I only looked it up because I had heard her talking with Charlie Rose about the impact of losing her singing voice, so was very hopeful she had it back miraculously

Quote Originally Posted by lovemyMac View Post
    Hate to spoil a great story but according to Snopes:

My Favorite Things
    Claim: Julie Andrews sang an old folks' parody of "My Favorite Things" to celebrate her 69th birthday.

http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/andrews.asp

That doesn't take away from the fact that it is a really funny parody...I only looked it up because I had heard her talking with Charlie Rose about the impact of losing her singing voice, so was very hopeful she had it back miraculously
    Doesn't matter it's still funny.