Thread: Ants & Deciduous Earth

Default Ants & Diatomaceous Earth

It's spring, I know because I just saw a couple of tiny ants in the bathroom sink.
    I've taken care of them in the past with some diatomaceous earth that was given to me. It's gone now.
    I'm wondering where I can buy some locally. I know that this has been discussed here before, but I don't remember who sold it.
    Last edited by Raven; 03-25-2010 at 12:16 PM.
    Stay woke.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Derge View Post
    It's spring, I know because I just saw a couple of tiny ants n the bathroom sink.
    I've taken care of them in the past with some deciduous earth that was given to me. It's gone now.
    I'm wondering where I can buy some locally. I know that this has been
    discussed here before, but I don't remember who sold it.

Did you mean: diatomaceous earth?????

Well yes damn the spell check focked it up.
    Stay woke.

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

They sell the diatomaceous earth at Diamond B Feed Store on Hwy. 21 - on the left just after turning right at the Hwy. 62 light....Berryville.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

Also, 20 Mule Team Borax, does the job very well. It is in the Detergent Dept. at Hart's. The Borax is anti-fungal. Thus it kills the fungus they grow for food. annually I sprinkle a few teaspoons of it behind counters and sinks.
    I use it in a thin line around the foundation of my home because a greater variety of bugs hate it too. bugs
    shuggie

Thanks Dabee. Shuggie, I have 20 Mule Team Borax, I use it the laundry. I'll try that.
    Stay woke.

Every spring I'm inundated with ants. The little teeny, tiny ones. I spotted a few on the counter last week.

Last year I had read (on Geekfest, no doubt) that borax works. The recipe was: bring a small amount of corn syrup almost to the boil - just heat it, don't boil it. Throw in a couple of tablespoons of borax and mix it up.
    Place about a teaspoon of this mess, after it cools a bit, on a piece of cardboard or paper towel and put in a place where the ants are found.

I did it last week, haven't seen one of those critters since.

I guess the corn syrup attracts them (?) then they take a few bites of the stuff and go back to the nest and explode or something. I don't know. I just know I haven't seen any since.
    Yay!

You may not even need the corn syrup. (?) Maybe just dry borax would do the trick. But I love to cook.
    "I don't believe I've EVER read a post that's more insightful, informative, educational, and downright brilliant! Truly, we can ALL learn from this." - - Yip's Mom

Nice visuals Yip. I'm tempted to try that just for shites and giggles.
    Stay woke.

Raven if you want some D. Earth I have some, just bring a container over and fill it up.

Thanks Spiderwoman! I will do that.
    Stay woke.