Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had a ZESTO burger lately?

Thumbs up Had a ZESTO burger lately?

The last one I had was about 1969.....until I found one of them alive and well in Mitchell, South Dakota. Forget the Corn Palace, Zesto is the place to go in Mitchell. The burger was incredible, the best I've had in years. They still practice the lost art of a well toasted bun. After about 60 years in the same location and building, they know how to do it right. Tip of the hat.....

http://www.agilitynut.com/eateries/zesto2.html
    "Keep calm and carry on" Civilian U.K. war cry.

Never heard of it before. I didn't see the one in Mitchell and doubt that I'll ever be back there but there are a couple in Indiana so maybe I'll get to taste a Zesto burger yet!

We have two Zesto's in Jeff City Mo bit neither one serves burgers. The do have mean foot long chili dogs and polishes.

Yeah, I was looking for hamburgers on their menu but only saw hot dogs and a chicken sandwich. I want the toasted bun hamburger.

Well, I wasn't looking for one but I saw the sign and couldn't believe my eyes. Betcha that ol' man Yip remembers the one in Rawtown, er... Raytown at U.S. Hiway 50 (now Mo. 350) and Gregory.

I hope the Indiana ZESTO serves you up right, like they did me in Mitchell. Those that survive are purely a local thingy, you never know what you're going to get. Except they still don't provide curb service or a dining room. Walk up to the order window, get your food then git.

A ZESTO without a burger!? Isn't that against some law?

Yes against the laws of nature, after all burgers are the fifth food group for us meatatariens.
    ****Even if the voices aren't real, they have some really good ideas! ****
    We do not solve problems by looking for answers; we solve them by eliminating questions.
    Arguing on Geekfest is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

The Zesto where I grew up had a Zestoburger . . . hamburger patty on a stick, dipped and deep fried like a corn dog.

The waitress who worked there throughout all my Zesto years had eyes that looked in different directions. If you walked up to the take-out window with a friend, you couldn't tell which one of you she was talking to. We learned young to stand in single file.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaylord Wright View Post
    Well, I wasn't looking for one but I saw the sign and couldn't believe my eyes. Betcha that ol' man Yip remembers the one in Rawtown, er... Raytown at U.S. Hiway 50 (now Mo. 350) and Gregory.

I hope the Indiana ZESTO serves you up right, like they did me in Mitchell. Those that survive are purely a local thingy, you never know what you're going to get. Except they still don't provide curb service or a dining room. Walk up to the order window, get your food then git.
    There's a little independent hamburger joint like that at Hernando, Mississippi. We used to drive down there just to get a hamburger and sit on court square to eat it. An order of fries is enough for a family. The place is always busy. Someone there is very artistic because they always have cute signs done on poster board advertising their various offerings. They have some weird milkshake names.
    Funny I've never noticed the name of the place. Wouldn't it be funny if it is a Zesto?

wow! I hadn't thought of Zesto's in nearly 15 years. There were five or six of them scattered around the outskirts of Atlanta. Zesto's was our usual weekend hangout after football games - Shoney's was way too upscale.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert H. Humphrey