Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Verizon landline replacement service - $20/mo. unlimited calling

Default New Verizon landline replacement service - $20/mo. unlimited calling

Verizon has released a new product called Home Phone Connect. It is a cell base station that plugs directly into your corded OR cordless phone system and offers unlimited calling to the United States for $20/month. Or you add it to your existing plan as a family share line for $9.99.

You can get the unlimited plan as a standalone service, meaning you do not have to be a Verizon Wireless customer.

Unlike Magic Jack and other VOIP services, no broadband needed, no computer needed, just a Verizon cell signal and a telephone (corded or cordless).

Although it does have battery back-up, it is meant to be plugged into the wall. It does not have its own dial pad or screen, but for most operations except faxing, credit card machines and some home alarm systems, it will operate just like you current phone system. Features include caller id, call waiting etc. (Great for people who do not want to learn another technology but would like to reduce costs). The tax rate on this is computed at the cellular rate, meaning it will be lower than for a landline. Estimated total monthly bill including taxes should be close to $25.

We believe it has a better reception ability than traditional cell phones because it has a good sized antenna on it. It has an external antenna port, so it can be used with a rooftop antenna in marginal reception areas.

We are still thinking about the various applications of this device besides the replacement of the traditional residential landline service. One idea is to replace secondary business lines, or to provide an additional line for customers/guests to use without fear of them make toll calls or overseas calls (You must specifically authorize international direct dialing, which is blocked by default.) Another is to take it with you to a second home or a remote office location.

wow that means i really can install one of these in my truck as my work phone just use a power inverter to plug the base unit in.

How about putting ads on classified thread?

how much is the base unit? If you are on a plan? Does the use count as minutes? Do you get a new number?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ogre View Post
    How about putting ads on classified thread?
    It is a news item and good news at that.
    “There, every man is independent of all laws, except those prescribed by nature. He is NOT bound by any institutions formed by his fellow men without his consent.” Cruden vs. Neale, 2 N.C. 338 (1796) 2 S.E. 70.

We just had a great experience at Common Sense Cellular. My old Nokia phone was showing signs of decrepitude and after reading on line about getting new phones and a new plan (the original plan had actually expired several years ago) which would have cost more for less. The phone finally crashed so I stopped in and lo and behold we didn't need new plan and we got two new phones for a net cost of less than ten dollars after rebates!
    “There, every man is independent of all laws, except those prescribed by nature. He is NOT bound by any institutions formed by his fellow men without his consent.” Cruden vs. Neale, 2 N.C. 338 (1796) 2 S.E. 70.

Yes, that is good NEWS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JET View Post
    how much is the base unit? If you are on a plan? Does the use count as minutes? Do you get a new number?
    We are selling the base unit for $29.99 on a 2 yr agreement. There is free activation on this and all products through the end of the month (usually $25-$35)
    If you are currently not a Verizon Wireless customer or you have an Alltel plan you are able to get the unlimited plan for $19.99/month.
    If you have a Verizon Family Share plan, you can either add it as a family share line for $9.99/month OR as a standalone for $19.99/month.

The unlimited is just that - unlimited voice minutes. The family share as the name implies shares the plan minutes.

The Home Phone Connect device has its own number. You can get a new Verizon number for anywhere in the country or transfer (port) your any existing landline or wireless number at no extra cost. (We need the account number of your old provider to do this.)

On the brink of insanity, but send my mail to Holiday Island

Quote Originally Posted by TR Morin View Post
    It is a news item and good news at that.
    Agreed.
    I will see you people tomorrow. I am sick of being bent over by AT&T for the 70 a month "all you can bend me over for plan" I have now. **** big phones & **** BIG OIL.
    You might smudge the liar out of me but never the stupid!-MotherMoon12

Is this only for home phones? How about a biz