Thread: Small dogs need a home

Default Small dogs need a home

I was working at vet clinic and woman brought in 3 small dogs to be euthanized. They were her mothers dogs, and her mother had recently passed away. I just couldn't see them put down - but my home is full and will be relocating soon. I have hung flyers up everywhere, and called everyone I could think of, and put ad in 2 different papers, and have not even had one call about them. I have had them for 4-5 months. There are 2 male chihuahua's and a female dacushund. They were shy with us at first, but once they warmed up to us and got familiar with their new surroundings they have become very lovable. We crate them when we are not home, and they are use to that and don't have accidents in the crate. We were told that they were pee pad trained - but we have other dogs that we do not want to train to use the inside of the house as a toilet - so do not know from personal experience. We have dogs, and cats so if you already have pets they should get along fine, as they do well with ours.

I have since been having medical issues that have rendered me unable to work,and will be moving soon so REALLY NEED to find a place to be their new PERMANENT home. I did not expect it to take so long to find a home for them, as for the years I use to work doing animal rescue small dogs always went so fast. If there is anyone who would be willing to open their arms and their home please call to arrange a time/place to meet them, as I do not have internet access at home.

please call 479-253-6111

Please try posting on Craig's List Fayetteville before giving up. Post under pets. Link http://fayar.craigslist.org/ Photos and more info like age and whether neutered also help. Also try Petfinder Also check with Good Shepherd for possible homes. I have two small dogs I rescued through Craig's list and Petfinder. You are an angel for helping these dogs.

Best of Luck, Kitty, finding homes for the ones you have helped, it is so hard and rewarding at the some time, this we know....

Cool Male Chbihuahua's?

Quote Originally Posted by kitty View Post
    I was working at vet clinic and woman brought in 3 small dogs to be euthanized. They were her mothers dogs, and her mother had recently passed away. I just couldn't see them put down - but my home is full and will be relocating soon. I have hung flyers up everywhere, and called everyone I could think of, and put ad in 2 different papers, and have not even had one call about them. I have had them for 4-5 months. There are 2 male chihuahua's and a female dacushund. They were shy with us at first, but once they warmed up to us and got familiar with their new surroundings they have become very lovable. We crate them when we are not home, and they are use to that and don't have accidents in the crate. We were told that they were pee pad trained - but we have other dogs that we do not want to train to use the inside of the house as a toilet - so do not know from personal experience. We have dogs, and cats so if you already have pets they should get along fine, as they do well with ours.

I have since been having medical issues that have rendered me unable to work,and will be moving soon so REALLY NEED to find a place to be their new PERMANENT home. I did not expect it to take so long to find a home for them, as for the years I use to work doing animal rescue small dogs always went so fast. If there is anyone who would be willing to open their arms and their home please call to arrange a time/place to meet them, as I do not have internet access at home.

please call 479-253-6111

Do you have any pictures? How big are they (lbs?).....How old are they?
    Neutered, etc......shots........?

I'd really like to see a picture of them.

Are they a package deal or can you have just one?

R

thank you for suggestions

these dogs wouldn't do very well in shelter situation; I was manager of shelter 2005 to jan 2009 and animal control for E.S. after rambo passed

Dogs are spay and neuter, and currant on vaccinations, de-wormed, and dipped, trimed nails, clean ears, and had their annual exam @ McCune animal hospital the day I got them
    dachshund is spayed female - rust color age ~8years, very sweet, loves to cuddle - gets along well with other cats and dogs
    Chihuahua chocolate and tan 3 years old shy at first, loves to sleep under the covers at the end of the bed good w/dogs and cats
    chihuahua medium hair black and tan ~4years old, microchiped, also shy when meeting new people but loves you to death when he knows you, loves attention, loves to be held and cuddled, and would love to sleep in bed close and cuddled up - especially on a pillow