Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castration a "Cure" for child molesters?????

Default Castration a "Cure" for child molesters?????

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_831502.html

I apoligize Merlin, for stealing your link.... After I read the article, I spent some hours in thought. I generally do my best to try and be forgiving of most people that have wronged me. When someone wrongs a child, or someone I love, I am NOT able to forgive... I do not believe their is a cure for anyone sick enough to harm a child. My only hope is that kharma is quick to rid the world of this disgusting person before he has the opportunity to harm again. One fond memory of loving Eureka, was a story that came about of a wife suffering spousal abuse.... some lovely women went to discuss this issue with the husband, and if I recall, one broke her cane on this fellow, and had several replacement canes within hours.
    Last edited by moonchild12; 03-05-2011 at 08:31 PM.

Unfortunately, castration will only remove one of the "tools" of molestation. It will not remove the emotional, psychological or physical need to commit such horrendous acts.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ Sell View Post
    Unfortunately, castration will only remove one of the "tools" of molestation. It will not remove the emotional, psychological or physical need to commit such horrendous acts.
    Exactly what I was going to say only more eloquently stated.
    I choose...to live by choice, not chance; to make changes, not excuses; to be motivated, not manipulated; to be useful, not used; to excel, not compete. I choose self esteem, not self pity. I choose to listen to my inner voice, not random opinions of others.

Zyklon-B is a good cure for child molesters.

On the brink of insanity, but send my mail to Holiday Island

Quote Originally Posted by S. Jones View Post
    Zyklon-B is a good cure for child molesters.
    Yes it surely would be.
    For the BEST selection of cardmaking & scrapbook supplies in our corner of the world, check out ONLINE ORDERING, special promotions, and my Holiday Island workshops @
    www.rebeccamiddleton.stampinup.net

You might smudge the liar out of me but never the stupid!-MotherMoon12

www.knowthyneighbor.org
    Arkansas

MM12, first, no apology necessary. I welcome all discussion on the subject. The more public awareness the better. I believe it has been clearly demonstrated this method does not stop molesters nor for that matter rapist. What it might do is deter someone. I stress the worf might. The death penalty didn't stop murder.

The additional arguement that the death penalty for molesters has also been discussed at length. The arguement is that if the penalty is death it will encourage the molester to kill the child when finished. The penalty doesn't change.

Having spent, now in my 19th years trying to get molesters out of Carroll County and help the children I have two suggestions:

1. Every time a prosecutor or judge (circuit) files for election you ask them "in public" their position on the isssue. Make it a priority with them.
    2. Demand life in prison without parole.

Lastly, serve on juries. We still live in a place where who you are (not just CC but America) determines both the charge and the punishment. Don't allow that to continue.

I am blessed that three of the four major missions of the foundation are now permenent serving women and children in our area, Child Abuse, Domestic Violence and Rape. None were here when we started in 1993. Our last, as you know is Breast Cancer and children and families in poverty. At closer to 70 than 60 my time is seemingly limited so yes, steal the thread, raise awareness and get everyone to join in to stop, the "catch and release" program that goes on in our courts with these offenders.
    "The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die for a noble cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one" J. D. Salinger; Catcher in the Rye

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    The death penalty didn't stop murder.
    It surely stopped the murderer where he/she was executed....
    "No one is entirely useless. Even the worst of us can serve as horrible
    examples."

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    MM12, first, no apology necessary. I welcome all discussion on the subject. The more public awareness the better. I believe it has been clearly demonstrated this method does not stop molesters nor for that matter rapist. What it might do is deter someone. I stress the worf might. The death penalty didn't stop murder.

The additional arguement that the death penalty for molesters has also been discussed at length. The arguement is that if the penalty is death it will encourage the molester to kill the child when finished. The penalty doesn't change.

Having spent, now in my 19th years trying to get molesters out of Carroll County and help the children I have two suggestions:

1. Every time a prosecutor or judge (circuit) files for election you ask them "in public" their position on the isssue. Make it a priority with them.
    2. Demand life in prison without parole.

Lastly, serve on juries. We still live in a place where who you are (not just CC but America) determines both the charge and the punishment. Don't allow that to continue.

I am blessed that three of the four major missions of the foundation are now permenent serving women and children in our area, Child Abuse, Domestic Violence and Rape. None were here when we started in 1993. Our last, as you know is Breast Cancer and children and families in poverty. At closer to 70 than 60 my time is seemingly limited so yes, steal the thread, raise awareness and get everyone to join in to stop, the "catch and release" program that goes on in our courts with these offenders.
    Repeat, again and again, across the country.
    "Ride On"

Quote Originally Posted by MJ Sell View Post
    This was my very first thought.
    knowing how often they repeat offense is staggering!! so what to do?

A "Leper Island" for child molesters sounds like a reasonable punishment.... NO access to children ever...