Time Limit to Post

Thread: Time Limit to Post

Angry Time Limit to Post

Okay Kim - apparently there's a time limit for being kept logged on in one session while trying to post answers or threads. I guess that's not clear - here's what I mean and it's happened so many times now, that I just may never post again. I feel like I'm doing something wrong because no one else has complained about this. When I post on a thread, quick reply or a new thread, it seems like there's a time limit because when I try to post it I am told, more or less, that I can't and to refresh and log in and then of course my post is gone! I used to have this problem with arkansas.net's web mail - spend any time at all replying to an email and the reply would be gone when I tried to send it - tech support told me that's just the way it is, to write my reply elsewhere and attach it - say what? Why bother to have the function at all, then? Sorry, I'm rambling. I have taken the time to type so many posts since the board has changed only to lose the entire post when I hit "submit". Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. It's very frustrating and I have a low patience threshold.

islandvideo....
    I tried to find where Becs posted how to do this, but couldn't...
    I did what she suggested and it worked....

I think I have this right:
    If you log in, there's a "remember me" next to your log in name.
    Unfortunately, you cannot click on it for it to "remember you"....
    But, if you go to a post and click on "post reply" there should be an option on the page it brings up to "remember me"....click that box. You don't have to really post anything to make it work....after that you should stay logged on.....Hope this is right and it works for you....let me know.
    Good luck, Jane

Default Nope

Here I am - posting a reply - no "remember me" option/box.

okay....now I have it worked out.
    Stay logged out, then go to a post and hit post reply.....at that point the screen will come up with your log in info....that is where the box is that says remember me....check it and you should stay logged on "permanently" until you manually log out.....Tell me if this works. Thanks, Jane

Thanks - I think that's probably it. I thought about that but didn't want to have a permanent cookie - I didn't realize that if I log out manually, the cookie is gone. I think. Is that right?

Thanks much for your time -

J -

All I know is this is what I did and I seem to remain logged in at all times...When I check the board, I hate to have to log in over and over, so I just keep mine logged in, but I have "tabs" where I can keep my different searches....Do you use "tabs"? They are great when you work on a computer for business purposes and you need to access an area, without closing it out.
    Let me know and if you don't know how to use, I will direct you there.
    Glad this helped you out. Jane

Kim Yonkee is offline Ward? Don't you think you were a little bit hard on the Beaver?

Ah... there was a hack on the vbulletin site (this software) that supposedly checked "remember me" by default. Evidently, it didn't work for everyone. Sorry about that!

So I've restored the login (at the top of the page) to its original version. If you check "remember me," it should keep you logged in until you log out manually.

Yes, when you log out by pressing the "log out" link, all cookies are cleared.

Let me know if this works.

Hi Kim,

I just tried the "remember me" on the log in page and it worked!
    Thanks ever so much!
    We appreciate your efforts!

Wink

Ditto -

Mucho grassyass -