Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting statistic about gun deaths in the US

Default Interesting statistic about gun deaths in the US

In the category of things I didn't know but should have, I found this - I thought it was another anti-gun internet rumor but the stats are apparently correct. I'm a gun owner by the way.

http://www.upworthy.com/its-one-of-t...ts-true?c=upw1

I never believe anything I read, even if it is in the local paper as this was: Isn't it ironic that 13,000,000 black babies have been killed through legal abortion since 1973? And you say Dr. Martin Luther King, the leader of the Civil Rights Movement, was in FAVOR OF killing more black babies? Do you really think Dr. King would be proud of the fact that 60 percent of all black pregnancies in New York City end in abortion? I really think Dr. King would be fighting the new civil rights fight -- the right for all babies to be born...

Another pro gun poster who can't seem to debate the topic. How about deaths by car, hammer or alcohol?
    Looking for the misplaced jewels in the lint-filled pockets of society.

Default And?

Quote Originally Posted by liquidwindows View Post
    Hammer statistics are tough to find.
    What about belt clip nail guns?

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I never believe anything I read, even if it is in the local paper as this was: Isn't it ironic that 13,000,000 black babies have been killed through legal abortion since 1973? And you say Dr. Martin Luther King, the leader of the Civil Rights Movement, was in FAVOR OF killing more black babies? Do you really think Dr. King would be proud of the fact that 60 percent of all black pregnancies in New York City end in abortion? I really think Dr. King would be fighting the new civil rights fight -- the right for all babies to be born...
    Now those made up stats would put the welfare queens right out of business.... if I am not mistaken, Dr. King died from gun violence.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidwindows View Post
    Hammer statistics are tough to find.

Quote Originally Posted by James DeVito View Post
    Another pro gun poster who can't seem to debate the topic. How about deaths by car, hammer or alcohol?
    liquidwindows brought out an interesting statistic about gun deaths and mine was about abortions. Try to bring something interesting and non confrontational to this thread DeVito.

checker start here http://www.geekfest.com/showthread.p...t-style-weapon

I have more threads when you are done with this one.
    Looking for the misplaced jewels in the lint-filled pockets of society.

I am a pro-gun guy and obviously there is a violence issue in the US but I don`t blame the gun. I blame the psychos/gang members.

A few interesting facts that can easily be researched online:

In 2010 there were 358 murders involving rifles. Murders involving the use of pistols in the US that same year totaled 6,009.

Two-thirds of all gun-related deaths in the United States are suicides. Of the 30,470 firearm-related deaths in the United States in 2010, 19,392 (63.6%) were suicide deaths, and 11,078 (36.4%) homicide deaths.

The US Department of Justice reports that approximately 60% of all adult firearm deaths are by suicide, 61% more than deaths by homicide.

In 2005, 75% of the 10,100 homicides committed using firearms in the United States were committed using handguns, compared to 4% with rifles, 5% with shotguns, and the rest with unspecified firearms.

Hand guns figured in the Virginia Tech shootings, the Binghamton massacre, the Fort Hood massacre, the Oikos University shooting, and the 2011 Tucson shooting. Assailants with multiple weapons committed the Aurora theater shooting, and the Columbine High School massacre.

Question Everything!