Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The real Big Brother - coming in 2014

Default The real Big Brother - coming in 2014

Here it is, read it and weep. Indefinite Surveillance of any American. Brought to you through rights you have lost courtesy of The Patriot Act and FISA - say hello to the National Defense Authorization of 2014. The wording is so vague, that anyone who has EVER said anything that can be considered anti government can and will be watched. No expectation of privacy. Thanks to PRISM, they have everything you've ever written online. Since both sides of the aisle are now basically puppets for the corporations, and the corporations are now the government, anything you say against one party or another, or against corporations can get you classified as hostile and placed under the eye of the government.

http://truth-out.org/news/item/17070...on-act-of-2014

we're screwed.

What might be the actual near-future implications of all this? If this National Defense Authorization of 2014 comes to fruition, how would it be enacted? Why would it even be necessary unless someone in Govt. forsees something they don't want to talk about? Obviously, all of what we're seeing isn't just conspiracy-theory. Propagandists almost always use this ploy for disinformation dissemination. Is something afoot?

I can't imagine that they would shove this through if they were not planning to clamp the US down tight. I wish there were no historical precedent, there are many - all bad. There have always been fringe groups planning an overthrow of the government - I suspect the numbers of them have reached some sort of critical mass. I doubt anyone hasn't noticed the number of anti-government extremists has risen dramatically. Corporatism/fascism has most wishing for a government by the people and for the people again.

We get the government we deserve. 56% of registered voters, voted in the last Presidential elections.
    Looking for the misplaced jewels in the lint-filled pockets of society.

What's afoot is our gov't is owned by corporate interests. We the people are more and more powerless every day.

Default We deserve better!

Quote Originally Posted by James DeVito View Post
    We get the government we deserve. 56% of registered voters, voted in the last Presidential elections.
    I voted. So don't I deserve representation? Or do I have to donate huge sums to the candidate, as well?

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

I'm reading a book right now called The Lacuna (Kingsolver). It talks about the dark part of American history with the fear of communism and how the government ruined so many lives with lies and paranoia. It's all happening again because we don't learn our lessons and also because there's too many mouths to feed. The top government dogs are capable and so manipulated by the real task-masters in order to save their own skins that there's no telling what they're wouldn't do. So much crazy thinking going on right now, it makes you wonder why a god would even bother making the human experience possible.

This is all very depressing to me. I got back about a week ago from camping away from all of this for 2 weeks. I'm thinking I need to head back to the woods. I know that one should face the reality that life in America sucks, but what can one do?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

So many of our people are so poor they're hardly worth the energy it takes to exploit them any more.

Google "Apocalypse Equation"

A smaller population could be more efficiently exploited by corporate interests.

Dan Brown's new book , Inferno, is based on this premise - an interesting read.
    - bikeguy

The liberty of all is necessary for the liberty of each. - H. J. Blackman
    send secure email to
    gfox@unseen.is

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Chilling words, brother.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.